although we both love to travel and explore the bigger world, we also love exploring our own city. every city has its own little secrets, unique views, small businesses, and adventures waiting.
so, here’s how we go about adventuring in own our town:
1. give yourself plenty of time- dedicate the day. if you’re rushed, you could miss the little details or that one picture.
2. try different times throughout the day- nightlife in a city can feel like a whole new world compared to the daytime.
3. go hungry- let yourself stumble upon a cute coffee shop or lunch spot.
4. plan only partly- pick a cool monument, museum, photo spot, but then allow yourself to drive around and see what else is around.
5. bring a good companion- anything is ten times more fun with a good friend.
p.s. looking for other fun things to go around downtown mpls? check out: the foundry home goods, askov finlayson, spoon and stable, the california building (visit the second saturday of the month for art studio tours and sales), and do not miss the pierre bottineau library (it is so very cool).