i, jane, got to spend this past week exploring banff national park. it was one of the most beautiful places i have ever experienced. i biked, hiked, canoed, and road tripped my way through banff and lake louise. below are some pictures.
– bring comfortable, athletic clothes. the attire is very casual in almost every place.
– layer clothing. the temperatures varied drastically throughout the day.
– rent canoes on lake louise – you won’t regret it.
– the best time for taking in the views and pictures at the popular spots (lake moraine and louise) are early in the morning or late evening to avoid the many tour buses constantly bringing more tourists into the park.
– take the lake louise chair lift after 4:30pm for better deals and views.
– go soon- while the american dollar is strong!
– try poutine! a canadian side dish consisting of french fries, cheese curds, gravey, and more. (picture below)